Got this recipe from the Weight Watchers magazine. At first I was a little weary that they wouldn’t be very good but . . . they are AWESOME! Only 2 points for each cookie. YUMM.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup low-fat peanut butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup light stick butter
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
6 Tbsp granulated sugar (for rolling the cookies in)
1. Preheat oven to 350º and spray two large cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
2. Mix in a medium bowl the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a Large bowl, beat with an electric mixer the sugar, peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, begetable shortening, and eggs.
4. On low speed beat in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Put the 6 Tbsp of sugar in a small bowl. Form tablespoons of dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar.
6. Place balls on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking racks until cool.